Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rhinebeck!!!

Ok,, its been months, literally. Life intervenes,, what can I say. Only one word matters now.

Rhinebeck!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow, right after work. My reservation was made many, many months ago. Car rental was done and have it since the weekend (Hatchback too,, plenty of room for stash, etc,, maybe an alpaca or two!).

Now to pack. Clothes were set aside,, carry-on was made available since I came back from vacation to Hawaii and California last month. New digital camera,, check. Flip Camcorder,, check. Monstrous Ikea shopping bag,, check! Trying to keep it really light this time and still debating on taking my wheel. I really want to but the Matchless is soooo heavy! I do have a new Turkish spindle that I got on Etsy,,, that happens to be empty. And my shawl from last year that I didnt finish. Just the last bind off row being done. Guess whats going to block in my hotel room? I think the only knitting I will bring will be the cowl I was working on. Number one reason being I know where it is. Plus it's small, which is a plus!

#1 on my shopping list?? I cant say, lol. Its an accessory of sorts,,, I just want to grab one before anyone else,, or risk the chance of not scoring one. It'll be a secret for a little bit longer!

I'm taking 2 workshops this year. Thursday is "Weave a Rattan Knitting Basket". Friday is "Weave your own trim on an Inkle loom". I got the supplies I needed for that one from a superb store while in California,, Village,Spin,Weave. I wish we had an all in one store like that on here on Long Island! With a seperate room dedicated just for spinning wheels!

I do want to see Dave at Merlin Tree,, if he sells the 2nd treadle as a kitfor the Hitchiker. I need that! And go to Golding of course!

And on that note,, I have to pack up my mini-inkle loom that I bought and the supplies,,, and get the rest of the doodads!

Oh did I say I have a special guest traveling with me this time? I've Dizzy the Sheep from Dizzysheep.com. It worked out beautifully that his stop with me was this week for Rhinebeck.

So if you see what appears to be a madwoman running around the fairgrounds,,Or at the Holiday Inn Holidome,,,, looking for photo ops with a foamboard flat sheep,,,,,, Thats me!!

4 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Have fun in your classes! I can't wait to see you again!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Hope you have a wonderful time! Miss Petal wishes she could come along too!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

If you put an alpaca or two in the hatchback, I want to be there to take photos!

See you this weekend!

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Arlene said...

Hi -- you won the Spin Artiste contest for the F.I.X. giveaway but my email to you was returned...please email me thespinartiste@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home